To access a group account from a linux host, you must first login to one of the ICS hosts. Once logged in, you will then utilize the gsu module. If you would like to be part of an existing group account or to create a new group account, please send a request to helpdesk.
- At the prompt, type:gsu groupAccountName
- If you get a "command not found" error, type:module load gsu
- If you get an error that says "you won't be doing that today," please check that your group account name is entered correctly and try again.
- If you still get an error, please send an email message to helpdesk.
- You will then be prompted for a password. Please type your ICS password.
- You are now the groupAccountName user. However, you may still be in your own home directory.
- To see if you are in the right place, at the prompt enter:pwd
- If you see /home/yourUsername then you need move to the group account home directory:cd /home/groupAccountName