- Wireless on campus (including in Bren Hall, Computer Science, and Computer Science II) is managed by OIT, not ICS.
- You may setup temporary wireless access for a guest.
- Please contact OIT for any of these issues.
- You will need to first be connected via the Virtual Private Network (VPN) when accessing campus resources such as:
- Mapping your ICS home directory
- Updating Sophos antivirus
- Accessing the ICS software repository on masterhit
- You must install the VPN client. The WebVPN will not work for these purposes.
- Please note that you will still need to be connected via VPN even if you are on the UCInet Mobile Access network or on the on-campus housing network.
- Report a new machine that will be added to the ICS network in the Computer Science/Computer Science II buildings.
- New machines in Bren Hall will only need to be registered if a static IP address is needed.
- Report a machine which will be moved to a new location.
Open Port Request
- All ports are blocked from off-campus access at the campus level.
- To request a port to be open, please send an email to helpdesk with the following information:
- name and/or IP address of the computer
- port number(s) to be open
- an approval from your advisor/owner of then machine if applicable