» Pierre Baldi » Charless Fowlkes » Wayne Hayes » Richard Lathrop » Eric Mjolsness » Babak Shahbaba » Xiaohui Xie
There are a number of significant problems in biology and medicine for which computational approaches can yield important results.
The worldwide efforts to construct databases of protein and small molecule structures, DNA sequences, metabolic pathways, regulatory mechanisms, pharmaceutical structures and activities, patient response data, etc., have created many opportunities for intelligent systems.
At UCI, current areas of research in bio/medical informatics include:
- Medical Information Access
- Knowledge Representation for Health-Care Guidelines
- Structure in Biomedical Data
- Biomedical Simulations
- Discovery of Gene Expression Control
- Knowledge Discovery in Clinical Databases
- Computational Biology
- Bioinformatics and Probabilistic Modeling.