What it is:
The Sponsored Internship Program offers companies a unique opportunity to enhance their workforce by hand-selecting undergraduate seniors or graduate-level students from the Bren School of Information and Computer Sciences to complete internships at their companies. This very popular and successful program also serves as a cost effective recruitment tool for highly qualified IT professionals.
How it works:
Students are expected to maintain a minimum GPA of 2.8 (undergraduate) and 3.3 (graduate) during their involvement in the sponsored internship program.
- Participating companies submit criteria for desired internship. They then receive background information on Bren School students who have expressed interest in company internships.
- Companies rank the students whose credentials best match their employment needs, while students rank the sponsoring companies in a similar fashion.
- Bren School personnel review these two sets of rankings and make matches that best reflect the interests and needs of both parties.
- Companies interview the candidate/s and, should the match be mutually agreeable, offer a paid internship during the summer and/or academic year, as well pay for the student’s fees.
- The financial terms of the internship are negotiated directly between the student and the sponsoring company.
How to participate:
In order to participate in this program, each company pays a tax-deductible donation to the Bren School, which covers the cost of the student’s annual fees.
*Amounts may vary based on fee increases and/or if the desired student is a non-resident.
- Undergraduate Resident Fees donation: $15,500*
- Graduate Resident Fees donation: $16,500*
For additional information, please contact Kristin Huerth, Associate Director of External Relations, at (949) 824-3074 or email@example.com.