BREN SCHOOL VISION:The Bren School of ICS at UC Irvine will establish a new vision for the field of information and computer sciences in the 21st century.
We will emphasize a broad and diverse view of the field including the what, why and how of information and computer science; we will advance interdisciplinary collaborations at UC Irvine and beyond; and we will produce relevant, cutting edge research that addresses key challenges facing our nation and the world.
LC MISSION:The Bren School of ICS Dean’s Leadership Council has been established to raise community awareness of the Bren School students and faculty, to raise funds to support the Dean’s vision and fundraising priorities and to lend strategic advice to the Dean when called upon.
EXPECTATIONS OF MEMBERSHIP:
- Attend three Council meetings per year
- Be available to participate in a Strategic Priority meeting(s) around a particular topic (as appropriate)
- Financially support Dean’s Discretionary Fund at a minimum $3,000 level
- Participate in the Strategic Direction for the School
- Serve as an Ambassador for the School in both personal and business interactions
- Use your connections aggressively for ICS fundraising and relationship building
- Partner your organization with ICS students in regards to internships, recruitment and company projects
- Secure tables for the UCI Medal Awards held in Oct./Nov.
- Make recommendations for incoming board members
2012/2013 Meeting Schedule: September 20, January 17, and May 23 Time Commitment: Meetings will run from 4:00pm - 6:30pm Term: 3 years, possibility to renew
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP:
- Members will play a critical role in expanding the visibility of the Donald Bren School of Information and Computer Sciences throughout Orange County, California and nationwide
- Members will have access to the Dean, faculty and student research
- Members will be invited to share expertise, serve as speakers and participate in events
- Members will be given networking opportunities through Council meetings and mixers
- Members will have early access in recruiting high quality interns and graduating students
- Participate as a speaker, mentor or panelist
- Provide a project in your company for Project ICS
- Hire a graduate student as an intern
- Recruit ICS students as employees
- Host an LC meeting, retreat or committee meeting at your company
Contact Colleen O'Higgins at email@example.com or at 949-824-4588