Congratulations to all 2015-16 ICS Honors and Awards recipients!
» Graduation Requirements
You must meet the following requirements:
- University: completion of all University Requirements as outlined in the General Catalogue.
- School and Major: completion of all courses required for your School and Major
- Units: credit for a minimum of 180 quarter units.
- 2.0 GPA cumulative
- 2.0 GPA in your major
- 2.0 GPA in the upper-division courses in your major.
- Senior Residency: 36 of the final 45 units completed for the bachelor’s degree must be earned in residence at the UCI campus (exceptions include courses taken through the Education Abroad Program, the UCDC Academic Internship Program, or the UC Center Sacramento Scholar Intern Program).
If you have any questions about requirements or your degree audit, please meet with a peer advisor or an academic counselor as soon as possible. You should be getting graduation checks at least twice a year as a senior.
Please be aware, however, that students are ultimately responsible for making sure they are on track and indeed meet all graduate requirements.
» Applying for Graduation
Graduation is not automatic! You must submit the online Application for Graduation, which is found on Student Access.
Review your degree audit carefully to make sure you will meet all University, Breadth, School and Major requirements. If there is a discrepancy or error, meet with a peer advisor immediately. Do not send an e-mail.
When you fill out the application, be sure to indicate minors, concentrations and specializations that you may be completing. Please also ensure that your diploma notification address and telephone number are correct.
Once the online Application has been submitted, only a Bren School academic counselor may make changes to it.
The Bren School's graduate application deadlines for 2016-17 are as follows. ALL courses must be completed by the end of the quarter in which you intend/apply to graduate.
Deadline Quarter Notes September 11, 2016 Fall December 2, 2016 Winter If you intend to participate in the Commencement Ceremony December 2, 2016 Winter If you DO NOT intend to participate in the Commencement Ceremony December 2, 2016 Spring If you intend to participate in the Commencement Ceremony March 17, 2017 Spring If you DO NOT intend to participate in the Commencement Ceremony December 2, 2016 Summer If you intend to participate in the Commencement Ceremony March 17, 2017 Summer If you DO NOT intend to participate in the Commencement Ceremony
NOTE: If you submit an application for graduation past the deadline listed for the quarter above, it will be moved to the following quarter.
» Commencement and Honors
Commencement: Visit the official website of the UCI Commencement Office for full information
Latin Honors: No more than 12% of seniors graduating during an academic year (summer to spring) will receive Latin honors:
Selection is based on the School’s winter quarter, rank-ordered grade point averages. To be eligible for honors at graduation:
- 1 percent summa cum laude
- 3 percent magna cum laude
- 8 percent cum laude
- You must have an application to graduate on file by the first week of February of the academic year you intend to graduate (e.g. if you are graduating Spring 2010, the application must be submitted by February of that same year)
- You must be able to verify completion of all course work by the end of spring of the academic year you intend to graduate
- You must be officially declared as a Bren School of ICS major
- Seventy-two (72) quarter units in residence at a UC campus must be completed by the end of winter quarter of the academic year you intend to graduate.
- Any corrections to your academic record must be processed by the Registrar's Office by March of the intended graduation year.
Note that latin honors designations are finalized after Spring grades are determined. Students who are eligible for latin honors based on Winter grades may see their designation go up, down, or off the latin honors scale.
Summer graduates participating in the June commencement ceremony prior to their date of graduation are not eligible for honors for that academic year; they will instead be considered for the following academic year.
» Transcript and Diploma
Degrees are posted to official transcripts approximately six to seven weeks after the end of the quarter in which they are conferred.
Diplomas will be available approximately four months after the quarter in which the degree was awarded. The Registrar’s Office will notify you by mail when your diploma is available. More information is available on the Registrar's website.
Upon graduation, academic records may not be changed. It is your responsibility to check the accuracy of your academic record, and to resolve all I and NR grades, before you graduate.
And After Graduation...