University of Colorado Arcadia Project.
- Brief description:
PolylithQ is a re-implementation of the University of Maryland
Polylith 2.1 system but using Q for its underlying IPC.
It provides essentially the same functionality as Polylith 2.1
but adds the following capabilities.
- Compatibility with other Q based distributed programs.
- All connections direct but with no loss of functionality.
- Richer type system.
- Better Ada support.
- Evaluation against applicable general dimensions:
- Availability: commercial/licensed/public domain
None; it is available via anonymous FTP.
- Degree of support/maturity/testing/usage:
This was constructed as an experiment to compare
Q and Polylith. No support will be provided except that
bugs will be fixed.
Speed is comparable with Polylith 2.1.
- Computing platforms:
It is known to work on Sparcs running Solaris 1.
Required Support Systems: Q.
- Language compatibilities:
It is written in C; an Ada interface is also available.
- Source and binary: 2 MB (not including Q)
- Openness/integrability/source availability:
Source is freely available.
Developed by the ARPA sponsored Prototech project.
- Contact person(s)
Computer Science Dept.
University of Colorado
Boulder, CO 80309-0430
(303) 492-2844 - fax
- Pointers to literature, demos, etc.:
Via anonymous ftp to ftp.cs.colorado.edu (22.214.171.124)
File: /pub/cs/techreports/distribs/arcadia/PolylithQ.tar.Z (source)
The Arcadia Project
Last modified: Wed Nov 30 14:46:00 1994