The Abraham Abba Langsam Family
|Abraham Abba Langsam had one known son. This information comes from public records, as researched by Ms. Estelle Guzik and Ms. Suzan Wynne.
- Leon (Yom Tov) (1864 - December 29, 1960) married Bertha/Beila (1872? - Oct 19, 1939) and had five known children. Leon and Bertha came to the USA in 1888 and were naturalized. They are both buried at Mount Hebron Cemetery in Flushing NY (Ohave Shalom - Block 2). In 1900 they lived at 131 Pitt Street. Leon was not a doctor but a cabinet maker. He lived at 848 Gates Avenue, Brooklyn NY in 1902, as his nephew Abramah (Adolf) Langsam described him in his 1904 arrival. That means that Leon had a brother Selig Langsam and the families are connected. Adolf (Selig's son) Langsam's ship manifest seems to imply there is a connection from the H59 section to the H19 section of the tree.
- Abraham (April 28, 1892 - ?) was born in New York. He shows on the 1900 census but is not listed on any subsequent census records, including 1905. No death record is found in ItalianGen.
- Augusta/Gussie (1894 - ?) was born in NY. No proof of her future life is available. However, marriage records in NYC list an Augusta marrying Nathan H Eglowstein on August 23, 1914 in Manhattan (cert #22186). There are census records for an Augusta and Harry N Eglowstein for 1920, 1930 and 1940. It shows a family living in Paterson, NJ with children Madelin (1915), Audrey (1917) and Edith (1928). City directory records show them there still in 1960. SSDI has an entry for an Augusta passing away in November 1984. Records from Congregation Shevet Achim (of Mercer Island, WA) Yizkor Book 5774 show a memorial entry that would further imply that Audrey Eglowstein married Paul Meyers and that they had a daughter Bev married to Eddie Horwitz (son of Anna F. & Harold J. Horwitz).
- Helen/Annie (1896 - ?) was born in NY. In the 1930 census she still shows as single, living with her parents.
- Joseph (1899 - ? ) was born in NY. In the 1930 census he still shows as single, living with his parents.
- Sadie/Sonia (1904 - ?) was born in NY. There is an October 14, 1926
marraige record of a Sonia Langsam to William Fischberg in Manhattan. They also show up together on the same in-bound passenger manifest for the RMS Mauretania on March 12, 1953 (a cruise from NY via the West Indies). Augusta is from Paterson, NJ and Sonia is at 38 East 85th Street, NY. There is an SSDI record for a Sonia with a date of passing of 22 Dec 1999.
I would be very interested to hear from anyone with knowledge or an interest in the Miller family.
My home address is
1374 East 28th Street
Brooklyn NY 11210-5311
Last updated 11/4/2014