The Ephraim Langsam Family
|Ephraim Langsam had one known son. This information comes from public records, as researched by Ms. Estelle Guzik and Ms. Suzan Wynne.
- Eleazar (Louis) (1875 - 1933) came to the USA in 1888. He was married to Fanny (Feige Devorah), daughter of Lieb and Lena Bair, and they lived in the Bronx. Fanny was about 59 when she passed away on January 13, 1939. She is buried at Mount Hebron cememtery in Flushing, NY (Ohave Sholom - Block 2) with her husband. They had seven known children according to the Langsam-Spira book. Only 3 seem to have survived to adulthood (although a check in the NY death records from 1888 - 1934 did not turn up the other 4 names).
- Edward does not show up on cenuses from 1900, 1910, 1915, 1920, 1925 or 1930
- Joseph (1896 - ?) does not show up on cenuses from 1900, 1910, 1915, 1920, 1925 or 1930
- Isidore/Irving (b. 1897)
- Sadie (b. 1904) married Murray Fox on Jun 24, 1934 in the Bronx, NY. Based soley on the 1940 census, one child is known.
- Gertrude (b. 1911). There are 2 marriages recorded after the 1930 census in NY for a Gertrude Langsam, but it is not known if either one was her. She was living in the Bronx in 1930 and her brother and sister were there still in 1940:
- Shapiro Morris May 4 1935 Cert 3860 Bronx Soundex S160 ID 2470696
- Shaw Arthur Nov 7 1936 Cert 19241 Kings Soundex S000 ID 2560340
- Rose does not show up on cenuses from 1900, 1910, 1915, 1920, 1925 or 1930
- Sidney does not show up on cenuses from 1900, 1910, 1915, 1920, 1925 or 1930
I would be very interested to hear from anyone with knowledge or an interest in the Miller family.
My home address is
1374 East 28th Street
Brooklyn NY 11210-5311
Last updated 11/9/2013