For any assignment that you submit you should always state at the top of the report:
the team number, the names of team members and the project title.
- Progress report 1. Due February 2
For the first report should be a two page progress report. The first half/full page of background on your project,
including references wherever relevant.
The second page ahould describe your progress.
In your progress you should explain:
- How does the project built upon what is available in the literature, and out there.
- what is the architecture of your project (different modules and who is doing what on the team)?
- what tools will you use, or have started to use.
- Is there any data that you need to access?
- How would you evaluate your project. What is the criteria for success.
- What initial code you started to develop.
- The presentation order:
- Team 10
- Team 15
- Team 4
- Team 16
- Team 5
- Team 17
- Team 9
- Team 8
- Team 18
- Team 6
- Team 3
- Team 1
- Team 7
- Team 11
- Team 2
- Team 13
- Team 14
- Team 12
- Midterm report. For groups presenting week 7 - due Thursday Feb 18
Midterm report should be handed in in class, printed and stapled together. Length: 3-4 pages.
On the first page you should indicate your team number, the title of your project and names of the team mates.
Your report is a logical continuation of your progress report. Your report should contain:
- Description of your problem
- Detailed background - previously done research in the area (1 page). You must provide citations and set of references at the end of your report.
- Tools that you are using (including all previously written code, GUI and third party programs that you use)
- If applicable, data that you need and the source of it.
- Input/output of your software
- Current state of your project - detailed report on the progress you have made so far
- Midterm presentation.
Presentation shall be given on 7th and 8th week. Attendance is mandatory for all students.
- Presentations should last 15 minutes - time limit shall be reinforced. How well you can plan your presentation will be counted towards your grade.
- You should use slides in your presentation: ppt/pdf.
- At the start of your presentation you should fully describe your problem (even if you did it before in class presentations)
- The main topic of your presentation should be your progress so far
- Talk about concepts and high-level algorithms, not about code