BibGene for 680x0-based Macs
BibGene is available as freeware for PowerPC-based Macintosh computers.
I am not currently supporting 68K-based Macs, because of difficulties
getting 68K code to link under recent versions of Metrowerks CodeWarrior.
However, an older version with only a few minor bugs is available:
Known bugs and misfeatures in this version include the following:
- If you open a BibTeX file then use the "save" command, your BibTeX
source will be overwritten. Instead, you should use "save as".
- Name list preference settings are ignored.
- The "Merge Cards" command can sometimes add spurious characters to
- BibGene is unable to import volumes from exported Review cards.
- BibTeX records from exported review cards have a line feed character
after the first line (on Macs, lines should instead be terminated by
- Imported author and editor lines that are placed in Pub Info cards
(because of a missing document title or location) have names separated
by semicolons rather than "and".
- Opening a BibTeX file that starts with a blank line doesn't work
(BibGene thinks it's a BibGene-format file and complains about the format).
Instead, you should use the "import" command.
- When importing files with conflicting fields (such as multiple
addresses for a single publisher) many extra Pub Info cards can be created
(beyond those needed to store the conflicting information).
- Exported BibTeX files may have extremely long lines,
which could cause problems for other software that processes such files.
Downloadable software by
Last update: 23 Oct 2000, 14:53:00 PDT