Marco Levorato joined the Computer Science department at UCIrvine in August 2013. Between 2010 and 2012, He was a post-doctoral researcher with a joint affiliation at Stanford and the University of Southern California working with prof. Andrea Goldsmith and prof. Urbashi Mitra. From January to August 2013, he was an Access post-doctoral affiliate at the Access center, Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm. He is a member of the ACM, IEEE and IEEE Comsoc society. His research interests are focused on next-generation wireless networks, signal processing, cyber-physical systems, smart city and smart energy systems. He has co-authored over 75 technical articles on these topics, including the paper that has received the best paper award at IEEE GLOBECOM (2012). He completed the PhD in Electrical Engineering at the University of Padova, Italy, in 2009. He obtained the B.S. and M.S. in Electrical Engineering summa cum laude at the University of Ferrara, Italy in 2005 and 2003, respectively. In 2016, he received the UC Hellman Foundation Award for his research on Smart City IoT infrastructures.
- 1st Workshop on Communications, Data Processing and Control for Unmanned Autonomous Systems (CPC-UAV) - Part of IEEE Secon 2018: Chair.
- IEEE International Conference on Smart Computing (SMARTCOMP) 2018: Publicity chair (America).
- IEEE International Conference on Acoustic, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP) 2018: Co-organizer of the special session on Cybersecurity and Privacy.
- IEEE International Conference on Computing, Networking and Communications (IEEE ICNC) 2018: Chair of the Cognitive Computing and Networking symposium.
- Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems, and Computers 2017: Organizer of the invited Cognitive Networks session.
- IEEE International Conference on Sensing, Communication and Networking (IEEE SECON) 2017: TPC Vice Chair for Submissions.
- IEEE International Conference on Smart Grid Communications (IEEE SmartGridComm) 2017: Chair of the Smart metering, Demand Response and Dynamic Pricing symposium.
- IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (IEEE WCNC) 2017: Chair of the Machine-to-Machine Communications and the Internet of Things workshop.
- 2017 IEEE International Conference on Computing, Networking and Communications (IEEE ICNC): Chair of the Cognitive Computing and Networking symposium.
- ACM International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (ACM Mobicom) 2015: Workshop co-chair
- ACM International Conference on Mobile Systems, Applications, and Services (ACM Mobisys) 2015: Publication chair.
- ACM International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (ACM Mobicom)2014: Co-chair local arrangements.
- IEEE International Conference on Computing, Networking and Communications (IEEE ICNC) 2014: Co-chair
Communication QoS and System Modeling symposium.
- Technical program committee member: Fog World Congress 2017, IEEE Infocom 2016-2018
(main conference), IEEE Infocom 2016 - Workshop on Smart Cities, IEEE Infocom 2015 (Mobile Cloud and Virtualization), IEEE Infocom 2014 (Workshop on Cloud computing), IEEE inter- national Conference on Smart Grid Communications (SGC) 2011-2012-2014-2015-2016, IEEE Global Communications Conference (GlobeCom) 2007-2011-2012-2013-2014-2015-2016, IEEE In- ternational Conference on Communications (ICC) 2011-2012-2013-2014-2015-2016-2017, IEEE GlobalSIP - (Machine Learning for Characterization of Cognitive Communications and Radar), IEEE International Workshop on Emerging COgnitive Radio Applications and aLgorithms (IEEE CORAL) 2016, International Conference on Smart Grids and Green IT Systems (SMART- GREENS) 2012-2013-2014, IEEE International Conference on Green Computing and Communi- cations (IEEE GreenCom) 2013, IEEE Consumer Communications and Networking Conference (CCNC) 2011-2013, IEEE International Energy Conference and Exhibition (EnergyCon) 2012, IEEE International Conference on Computing, Networking and Communication (ICNC) 2012, IEEE International Conference on Communications in China 2012, European Wireless 2009.
- Reviewer: IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, IEEE Transactions on Communications, IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, IEEE/ACM Transactions on Mobile Computing, ACM Transactions
on Design Automation of Electronic Systems, IEEE JSAC series on Smart Grid.