In 2008, I co-taught a
capstone project course at Notre Dame University along with
Prof. Aaron Striegel and
and Prof. Christian Poellabauer, and defined the
Motorola Labs challenge project. The collaboration was fun and
here is an impressive demo created
by one of the student teams.
In the past, I have TA'ed and lectured at UCI, mostly for the Operating Systems course. I have
experience in creating class projects, designing exams and grading.
Principles of Operating Systems
Introduction to Computer Organization
Here is a link to my teaching statement.
- Program Chair - 5th ACM Workshop on Mobile Video (MoVid) 2013
- Program Chair - International Workshop on Cooperation in Pervasive Environments
(COPE 2009), (with Percom 2009)
- Demo Chair - IEEE International Symposium on a World of Wireless, Mobile and Multimedia Networks (WoWMoM) 2008.
- Adjunct Professor - Bhubaneshwar Institute of Technology (BIT), Bhubaneshwar, India.
- Technical Program Committee Member -
ACM Multimedia (2012, 2006, 2007),
ACM Middleware (2007),
ACM MoVid (2010, 2012),
- Technical Reviewer - Transcations on Mobile Computing, ACM Transactions on
Embedded Computing Systems,
Transactions on Computer Aided Design, IEEE Transactions on VLSI Systems, ACM Multimedia Systems,
IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, Wireless Networks (WINET),
IEEE Transactions of Circuits and Systems, ICDCS, ACM Middleware, MMCN, IPDPS, HiPC,
ACM Multimedia, Cluster Computing, ISLPED, DATE, DAC, CODES-ISSS, FMOODS, RTSS,
RTAS, Pervasive and more...
Presented at 8G HOT TOPIC - Platforms and Tools for Energy-Efficient Design of
Multimedia Systems, Design Automation and Test in Europe, DATE 2004, Paris
- Simone Franzini (2011 - 2012) - Co-op, Motorola Labs, UIC
- Amit Shekhar (2012) - Intern, Motorola Labs, Suny, Buffalo
- Rahul Potharaju (2009) - Intern, Motorola Labs, Purdue
- Undergraduates: UCI
- Jason Collins (2001-2002) – Middleware for Soft Real Time scheduling of Java Threads.
- Sadullah Nader (2002-2003) – Energy Characterization of wireless communication on iPAQs.
- Christopher Bell (2003) – Parking Lot Availability application using the Actors the Compose|Q
- Michael Philpot (2005) - Querying System Information of iPAQs using the Familiar Linux
- University of Notre Dame
- University of California, Irvine
- Georgia Tech
- Northwestern University
- Best Paper Award, IEEE Consumer Communications and Networking Conference, 2006
- Spring 2005 - Promising Dissertation Fellowship, University of California, Irvine
- Publicity chair, Moderator, Webmaster and Administrative Manager for MMCN 2004.
- UCI Regents Fellowship for the academic year 1999-2000
- K-12 Outreach for the Sally Ride Science Festival in 2005
- NSF grant writing