This document is intended to remind you of the key points covered in the document Ethical Use of Computing Resources which you read in order to get an account. If you have any questions about the information in this document, you can reread the ethics document by visting Ethical Use of Computing Resources, you can send an email message to helpdesk, or you can visit CS 346.
The two most important points in the ethics document are that:
Unethical behavior includes, but is not limited to the following:
- The user must behave ethically at all times.
- Each user is solely responsible for the actions of anyone using his/her account. Please see Ethical Use of Computing Resources.
- Introducing viruses, worms, trojan horses, password cracking, or login/e-mail spoofing programs to any University computer
- Gaining unauthorized access to equipment or accounts
- Wasting resources
- Destroying electronic information belonging to others
- Spying on others
- Making commercial or political use of computing resources
- Misuse of licensed software
- Sending mass mailings of messages to random people
- Sending chain letters through e-mail