The Bren School of ICS Dean’s Leadership Council has been established to raise community awareness of the Bren School students and faculty, to raise funds to support the Dean’s vision and fundraising priorities and to lend strategic advice to the Dean when called upon.
EXPECTATIONS OF MEMBERSHIP:
- Attend three Council meetings per year
- Be available to participate in a Strategic Priority meeting(s) around a particular topic (as appropriate)
- Financially support Dean’s Discretionary Fund at a minimum $3,000 level
- Participate in the Strategic Direction for the School
- Serve as an Ambassador for the School in both personal and business interactions
- Use your connections aggressively for ICS fundraising and relationship building
- Partner your organization with ICS students in regards to internships, recruitment and company projects
- Make recommendations for incoming board members
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP:
- Members will play a critical role in expanding the visibility of the Donald Bren School of Information and Computer Sciences throughout Orange County, California and nationwide
- Members will have access to the Dean, faculty and student research
- Members will be invited to share expertise, serve as speakers and participate in events
- Members will be given networking opportunities through Council meetings and mixers
- Members will have early access in recruiting high quality interns and graduating students
- Participate as a speaker, mentor or panelist
- Hire a graduate student as an intern
- Recruit ICS students as employees
- Host an LC meeting, retreat or committee meeting at your company
Contact Ed Hand at email@example.com or at 949-824-6563
CURRENT COUNCIL MEMBERS
Arthur Hitomi, B.S. ’96
Chair of the Dean’s Leadership Council
CTO and Co-Founder, Numecent
President, Hart Inc.
Roger Andelin, B.S. ’87
Senior VP and CTO Online Technology, FULLBEAUTY Brands
Steve M. Anderson, B.S. ’86
Partner, Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan LLP
Paul Butterworth, B.S. ’74, M.S. ’81
David Cheng, B.S. ’91
CTO and Co-Founder, Zaka Inc.
General Manager & CIO, Yamaha Motor Corp.
Kevin Daly, Ph.D.
CEO, Iteris Inc.
Binh Dang, B.S. ’97
Founder, Nexvisionix Inc.
Senior VP and CIO, ECMC Group
CEO/Co-Founder, SPAN Systems Corp.
Jon Hahn, B.S. ’81
CIO, FFF Enterprises
Pat Helland ’76
President and CEO, eQ Technologic
Retired. Founder and Chairman, Printronix
President, Business Information Systems, Experian
CIO, Motion Picture Industry Pensions and Health Plans
VP of Business Intelligence, Ingram Micro Inc.
VP of Operations, Vangard Voice Systems Inc.
Carlos Oliveira, Ph.D. ’03
COO, Nextfort Ventures
Daryl G. Pelc
VP Engineering and Technology, Phantom Works, Boeing
Dinesh Ramanathan, M.S. ’95, Ph.D. ’00
President and CEO, Avogy Inc.
Robert Romney, B.S. ’83
Retired. Founder, Zenographics Inc.
Lawrence Rowe, Ph.D. ’76
Retired. Chairman and CEO, FXPAL
CIO, St. Joseph Health
Sandra Smart-Ashburn, B.S. ’87
VP, Information Technology Development, DIRECTV
Chairman, MIND Research Institute
VP, Information Technology Services, Irvine Co.
Richard Sudek, B.S. ’81
Executive Director, UCI Applied Innovation