Taking courses to meet readmission after DQ

If you are required to take courses for a quarter or semester, or a full year, you may do so at a community college or at UCI.

To take courses at a community college, use Assist.org.  Assist.org will identify courses that are transferable toward GE requirements or your major requirements.

  • Enroll as a student at the community college.
  • Follow their instructions on how to enroll in courses.

To take courses at UCI, enroll via the Division of Continuing Education- Concurrent Enrollment.  Concurrent Enrollment is an option for students who cannot find equivalent/transferable courses at their community college and for students who must take upper division courses.

  • Review ICS Student Affairs Concurrent Enrollment website for instructions.
  • Go to classes.  You are expected to treat the course as a Waitlisted course.  This means you must attend every lecture, do the readings, submit the assignments, etc.
  • You will be notified of whether or not you have been approved to enroll in the course.
  • If approved, take the enrolment form to the Division of Continuing Education office by Friday of Week 2 to officially enroll.
  • Attend classes and do well!


  • Enrollment into Concurrent Enrollment courses is not guaranteed. Therefore, have back up choices in case you don’t get into your first-choice courses!
  • Financial aid does not cover Concurrent Enrollment courses.  Students pay out of pocket.
  • Frequently refer to our readmission process and policy on our website to ensure that you are doing everything correctly. 
  • If you have questions, email us at ucounsel@uci.edu


1. Complete the required courses and earn the required grades/GPA.

2. Order an official copy of your transcript.

3. Make an appointment to meet with an ICS academic counselor.  Bring the official transcript with you to your meeting.