|Avrohm Aba (c.1765 - c.1848),
Pesach, had 3 known sons.|
- Yakov Mylech (1784 - 1860's) was born in Lenartov, Slovakia. He lived in Obrucna, was married twice, & had children from both wives. 9 of his children are known.
- Shabsi (1822 - 1909), of Obrucna, Slovakia, married Hena. They were reputed to have had as many as 24 children. Of them, 14 are known.
Breindel Reiss, Shimon, Chava (Anna?), Chaja Resy, Sarah Rochel Farber, Abraham Mandel, Avrohm Aba, Rivka, Itcha, Fülop, Pessi, Malka (Amalia ?) Miller, Kasalin, & Esztera
- Zlate (Zali) (1825 - ?) married Marcus Weingarten & lived in Obrucna, Slovakia. They had 8 known children.
Salamon, Zali, Kasalin, Mozses, Israel, Iyak (Izak?), Herman, & Fani
- Chaskel (1827 - ?) was married to Sira Süsl Sendrovits (born 1827). They lived in Obrucna, Slovakia, and had 7 children. Chaskel owned an inn.
Avrohm Aba, Rozalia/Rosy, Mendel Löb, Bessi/Breindel, Pinkus, Zali, & Yitzchok Zev
- Rozi (1829 - ?) was married to Hirsch Neigreschel. They lived in Obrucna, Slovakia, and had 2 known children.
Salamon, Pinkus & Abrahm
- Mira (1834 - ?) married Nafsanail Rubin. They lived in Obrucna, Slovakia, & had 3 known children.
Abrahm, Juditha, & Salamon
- Anna (1849 - ?) was born in Obrucna, Slovakia.
- Rezi (1853 - ?) was born in Obrucna, Slovakia.
- Kasalin (Rivka?) (1856 - ?) was born in Obrucna, Slovakia.
- Salamon (1857 - ?) was born in Obrucna, Slovakia.
- Pesach Dovid (c. 1810 - c.1872),
married Chana Rita (). Different records and family records claim her family name was Schwartz or Weinberger. Census records say her name was Grunvald. The Divrei Chaim, R. Chaim Halberstam, of Nowy Sacz, made the shidduch (match). They supposedly had 7 sons and 3 daughters. Of them, six were known. But, the recent discovery of census records details a total of 8 children, 5 sons and 3 daughters.
According to the 1848 census for Saros county, Pesach was born 1803 in Sznakó (now Snakov), living in Malczo, with his wife Anna (born 1806 in Csircs, now Čirč) and 7 children (Majer, 1833; Basa, 1834; Sapsa, 1835; Fajga, 1839; Josef, 1843; Perla, 1846). All the children were recorded as being born in Malyczo (Malcov).
According to the 1857 census for Saros county, Pesach was a land owner, born 1807, living in Malczo, with his wife Johanna Grunvald (born 1809) and 5 youngest children (Fani, 1835; Josef, 1840; Bety, 1845; Nathan, 1847; Salomon, 1849). He owned his own home, #17, and also house #62, where Moses Abrahamovits (born 1791) lived with his family.
- Raphael Meyer (1830's - ?) of Tylicz, Poland, married Leah Goldstein. They had 16 children but information regarding only seven is known. Raphael Meyer and Leah are both buried in the cemetery at Labowa.
Avrohm Aba, girl, Simon, Yosef, Rochel, Yocheved, Rivka Schermer, & others
- Shabsi Yitzchok (1830's - 1894) of Bukowsko, Poland, married Esther Pinter. They had 10 children.
Yakov Hersh, Sholom, Avrohm, Yocheved Rebhun, Basha Rokeach, Pinchus, Pesach Dovid, Bayla Chaya Kahan, Sara?, & Miriam Malka Zak
- Basha (1837/8 - 02 Jun 1892) of Malcov, Slovakia, married Nusson Diamant. They had 2 known sons. However, the 1857 census of Saros county, Slovakia, records her as being married and living in her father's house in Malcov, with her husband. It gives her year of birth as 1829. There is an interesting 1869 census entry for a Bassia Muller, born 1834, living in Malcov, with husband Nathan DUMA and children: Jakob, 1858; Abraham, 1861; Josl, 1869. The FHC website has Josef's birth as 05 Dec 1868 in Baredjov (https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QG2D-2X2Q). Bascha's passing in Bardejov is recorded at https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QLBQ-7VFS.
Avrohm Aba & Yosef
- Yuska (1842/3 - 1914) of Malcov, Slovakia, married Chaya Sandezer. The 1848 census of Saros county, Slovakia, records Josef's birthyear as 1843. The 1857 census of Saros county, Slovakia, records his birthyear as 1840. They had 4 sons.
Chaskel, Avrohm Aba, Levi Yitzchok, & Pesach Dovid
- R. Naftali
(1845 - 1930) Dayan of Gorlice, Poland, married twice, first to Sura Chivala, and after her passing, to Mirel Spira. The 1857 census of Saros county, Slovakia, records his birthyear as 1847. He had children from both wives.
R. Shmuel Aron, Nechama Stengal, R. Moshe'le, Yaakov, Chaya Nussbaum, Itcha, & Sara Yugund
(1848 - 1931) of Galicia (maybe), and lastly, Nyirbator, Hungary, married Chaya Gross. They had 8 children. The 1857 census of Saros county, Slovakia, records his birthyear as 1840.
Sara Miller, Benny, Bertha Miller, Rivka Grunfeld, Harry, Naftali, Chaim, & Chana Rita Fried
- Fajga / Fani
The 1848 census of Saros county, Slovakia, records her birthyear as 1839. The 1857 census of Saros county, Slovakia, records her birthyear as 1835.
- Perla / Bety
The 1848 census of Saros county, Slovakia, records Perla's birthyear as 1846. The 1857 census of Saros county, Slovakia, records Bety's birthyear as 1845. It is not clear if Perla and Bety were the same person.
- Pesach Dovid's other children (2 boys) are not currently known.
- Yisroel Yitzchok (1816 - c.1891) of Lenartov, Slovakia, married Gittel () (she may have been a daughter of the Kanfei N'Sharim, R. Avrohm Lichtstein). They had 3 known children.
The 1857 census of Saros county, Slovakia, records a Israel Muller in the town of Lenartov, born 1810, a land owner, married to Judith Volf. It records their children at home as Ester 1842; Abraham, 1843; Rosalia, 1848; Josef/Selig, 1851; Zlata 1855. The 1869 census in Lenartov has a Sruly Muller, born 1812, married to Gitlya Volf (born 1815) with children at home as: Abraham, 1853; Chaja,1859; Estera Rosenwasser, nee Muller, 1845 and her children (Josef, 1863; Sura, 1866; Hinda, 1868).
- Usher Zelig (1841 - 1923), of Wielopole Skrzynskie, Poland, married Chaya Tzivya Wildstein. They had several children. I am still developing information on this branch.
Ozer, Moshe, Ettel, Hersh Shlomo, & others
- Sora Roiza (1847 - 191?) of Malcov, Slovakia, married R. Nussanel Lauer. They had 9 children.
Yosef, Malka Leah Deutsch, Lazar, Chana Keller, Tzirel Landau, Reygush Klein, Bayla Ehrman, Chaim, & Yulishka Fried
(1853 - 1921/2) of Wadowice, Poland, married Chana Yehudis Neiman. They had 17 children but only 9 survived to adulthood.
Bayla Einhorn, Shaya Zelig, Shlomo, Chaya Sammet, Eliyahu, Shabsy, Chaim Shimon, Gittel Miller, & Ozer
I am currently pursuing several leads regarding other branches of this Miller family tree.
Some of the most promising concern Kahan, Brand, Raab, and several Miller families.
Please see my broken branches section.
Please note: Many family members bear spelling variations of the name Miller.
The Yiddish was Miller. However, the legal name was often Müller (with an umlaut).
Do not discount the possibility of a connection based on the spelling of the name.
I would be very interested to hear from anyone with knowledge or an interest in the Miller family.
My home address is
1374 East 28th Street
Brooklyn NY 11210-5311
Last updated 24 Apr 2020