The Hersch Langsam Family of Lesko
|Hersch Langsam was married to Elka (Ella) Manaster, daughter of Kalman. Her passing is recorded in Lesko, Poland as 30 Sep 1940 at age 68. Hersch and Elka had six known children and most of the family perished in the Holocaust, as recorded in the Lesko Yizkor book. Elka had a brother Harry living in Illinois since at least 1910. See this page for some correspondence from several of Hersch's descendants. Suzan Wynne believes that Hersh was a brother to Isaac Langsam.
- Yitzchok The family is recorded in the Lesko Yizkor book as having perished in the Holocaust. No other detail is known.
- Avraham is recorded in the Lesko Yizkor book as having perished in the Holocaust. No other detail is known.
- Yosef (1890 - c.1942) married Blima Beer (born 1890 in Jasliska) in 1929. Her parents were Meilech & Chana Ruchla (nee Brand) of Posada Liska. The family is recorded in the Lesko Yizkor book as having perished in the Holocaust. No other detail is known.
- Leib (born about 1893) immigrated to the USA on 12 Jul 1910, arriving in NYC aboard the SS Kronprinzes Cecilie. The ship manifest records his last residence as being with his father, Hersch, in Lesko, Poland. His final destination was his uncle, Harry Manaster (1883-1959 and married to Jennie), at 1054 Ashland in Chicago, IL. No other detail can be located.
- Yehoshua, known as Szyja, was born in 1894. He married Chana Malke (born 1897 in Baligrod) in 1923. She was the daughter of Hulel Weissberg and Hencza Waitz. The family is recorded in the Lesko Yizkor book as having perished in the Holocaust. No other detail is known.
- Mandel (c1896 - 25 Aug 1981) was born in Lesko, Poland and he married Hilda Handzel (29 Dec 1897 - 13 Apr 1991) in Chicago, IL on 7 Aug 1930. She was the daughter of Solomon & Sarah (nee Warren). They had 3 known sons.
- boy is recorded in Chicago records as passing on the day of his birth, 10 Jul 1931. He is buried in the Austria Galician section of the Forest Park Cemetery in Illinois.
- Daniel Foster is a twin, born June 15, 1932 in Chicago, IL. He married Brenda Shapiro (daughter of Ike & Mary). They have 2 children.
David & Adam
- Leonard Jerome is a twin, born June 15, 1932 in Chicago, IL. Cook County records show him marrying on 16 Aug 1960 to Eunice Fruchter (03 Jan 1936 - May 2016). They have 2 sons.
Harold & Alan
- Malka, known as Mania (amd Marlene), was born in Lesko, Poland in 1908. She married Fischel Mahler (1906 - 1970) in Lesko, Poland in 1936. The family came to the USA after WWII and settled initially in Chicago with the help of Mania's brother, Manny. Mania passed away in 1986.
- Harry was born March 3, 1941, in Mashlanino, Russia. He has one known son.
- Ellan was born November 21, 1950 in a DP camp in Linz, Austria.No other detail is know.
I would be very interested to hear from anyone with knowledge or an interest in the Miller family.
My home address is
1374 East 28th Street
Brooklyn NY 11210-5311
Last updated 10/20/2016