The Jacob Langsam Family
Some background email from the family can be found here.
|Jacob Langsam was married to Rivkah and had one known son.
- Phillip (Feivel) (1869 - February 1, 1950), a tailor, married Fanny (1873 - November 5, 1947), daughter of Morris and Yetta Grumet, on December 6, 1896 in Manhattan, NY (cert #19340). They had six known children. Phillip sailed from Hamburg, Germany aboard the Patricia and arrived in NY on July 4, 1887. He was originally from Jaroslaw, Poland. In 1919, when he naturalized, he and his family were living at 1461 St Marks Avenue, Brooklyn, NY. In the 1940 census they lived in Brooklyn at 1445 East 19th Street.
- Rose (Oct 9, 1897 - ?) became a teacher. She married late and had no children.
- Jack (Oct 10, 1899 - ?) worked for his cousin, Paul Fischer. He married Frances Grace "Fanny" Weisglass. There is a marriage record at Dade county in 1939 (Volume: 495, Cert #: 12249). In 1940 they show up in the census as living in Stamford, CT, along with a 10 year old girl, referred to as a daughter, named Marjorie Misel. Perhaps she was from an earlier unknown marriage.
- Becky died at two years of age.
- Sophie (Feb 11, 1904) married a grocery clerk. She is listed with the family in 1920 on the census, but not in 1925 or 1930. In 1940 she is again listed with her parents, with a divorced status.
- Gertrude (Dec 3, 1907- 1984) married Alvin Udell (1906 - 1987), the son of a well-to-do dress manufacturer (Max Udell & Jane Walcoff), on December 7, 1927 in Brooklyn, NY. They had two known children, both of whom show up on the 1940 census with their parents, living at 18 East 9 Street in Manhattan, along with a maid. Alvin's profession is listed as a clothing executive. Perhaps Alvin and not Max was the dressmaker.
Marien & Richard
- Martin (Dec 18, 1911 - Nov 1984) was a doctor. He married Beatrice "Bea" Lipston on July 22, 1937 in Brooklyn, NY. They had one known daughter.
I would be very interested to hear from anyone with knowledge or an interest in the Miller family.
My home address is
1374 East 28th Street
Brooklyn NY 11210-5311
Last updated 11/5/2014