The Pesach Langsam Family
|Mendel Langsam (1854 - Dec 24, 1932), son of Pesach Langsam, was married to Chaya/Sarah/Jennie. Mrs. Barbara Blosveren related that her father told her Mendel shot a man and had to escape, fleeing Jaroslaw, Poland. Mendel had five known children. The 1900 census for Emann Langsam shows him marrying in 1873. His NYC death record lists him as living in the Brownsville section of Brooklyn, NY as a retired tailor. He was in the USA since 1886 and is buried at Mt. Zion Cemetery (with a synagogue society - Independent Congregation Ohel Itzchok Anshe Zurawner, associated with Zhuravno, in Ukraine, formerly Galicia, Path 10 Left, Gate Road) in Flushing, NY.Imigration records show him leaving thru Hamburg on his way to New York via Liverpool. He arrived in New York with 3 other Langsam family members (Sarah age 21, Rosa -age 3 months and Marcus, age 19) on 27 May 1885. They must have gone back, becuase Mendel and Sure (Sarah) show up again leaving Hamburg on 10 Sep 1886.
- David (March 1877 - 1950) arrived in 1889 according to the 1900 census. He married Rose Landesman in Manhattan NY on April 1, 1900. They lived in Brooklyn, NY and had three children.
- Nathan/Nathaniel (March 3, 1901 - November 1985) married Sarah Seligman. They had two children.
Marjorie Feldheim & Judy Merl
- Edward (November 6, 1906 - July 1986) was a doctor. He married Dianne and worked for Neptune Moving. They had no children.
- Henry (July 23, 1909 - May 2001) married Gertrude Feinstein. They had one daughter.
Barbara Amy Blosveren
- Betsy/Bessie (May 1877 - ? Apr 26, 1918 ?) was born in Poland. She married Maykil Finger on March 8, 1896 in Manhattan. They had three known children. In 1918, as per his WW I draft record, they were living at 69 Central Avenue in Brooklyn and ownned a grocery at 65 Central Avenue. Micheal lists Esther as his next of kin.
There is a Bessie that is recorded in the NYC Vital Records as having passed away at the age of 40 on Apr 26, 1918 (Cert #10285 in Brooklyn).
There is also a record of a marriage for a Michael Finger to a Bella Spiegel on Jan 8, 1920 in Brooklyn (cert #1475).
The 1920 census lists Michael and Esther and records Michael as widowed.
- Izzy married Estelle and has one known child. They were known to be living in New York.
- Samuel (Nov 12, 1898 - ?) was born in Manhattan. He was drafted for WW I and he is not listed on his parent's 1920 census records.
- Ethel/Esther (Aug 2, 1903 - Nov 9, 2000) married Izzy Rand and had one child. They were known to be living in New York.
- Louie (Sep 12, 1879 - May 15, 1962) was a plumber and married Bessie Mantch in Manhattan, NY on Mar 6, 1904. Sometime between 1910 and the WW I draft he relocated to Detroit with his family. They had two known children.
- Mildred was born about 1907. She may be the Miriam Langsam listed in the NYC vital records as being born on Oct 2, 1907 in Manhattan (cert #51632).
- Gertrude was born about 1913.
- Hymie (1882 - ?) was married to Minnie Fuchs in Manhattan on Aug 26, 1906. They had three children.
- Arthur (1908 - ?) married Adele Bradwell and had two children.
Lilly Kaplan & Mary Quartin
- Paul passed away as an infant.
- Marvin (1912 - 1961) married Charlotte Levy and had one child.
- Isidore (1884 - ?) married Kate Newman and had two children. They moved to Far Rockaway in 1923.
- Herbert married Roslyn (Roddy) Seevak. They have four children and live in San Francisco, CA.
Robin Blum, Jon Dexter, Heidi Baldauf, & Pamela
- Sanford (Mar 5, 1914 - Jan 6, 1995) married Jere Victor and had two children.
Bonnie Gartner & Nancy
I would be very interested to hear from anyone with knowledge or an interest in the Miller family.
My home address is
1374 East 28th Street
Brooklyn NY 11210-5311
Last updated 10/11/14