The Samuel Chaim Langsam Family
|Samuel Chaim Langsam was the son of a large landowner from Bircza, Poland. He married Chaya Rajog ,from Jasliska, Poland, and had four known children. His mother's name was Reiza.|
- Herman/Hersh lived in Dobromil, Poland. He perished during the Holocaust in Krakow, Poland.
- Yehuda (1907 - 1981) was active in the Zionist movement in Poland before WWII. He was studying at the university in Krakow at the onset of the war. In 1941 he fled to Russia where he married Edith Steinworcel in Mankempt, Kazakstan, during 1941. Their daughter was born there. After the Holocaust, Yehuda and his new family returned to Poland, where he organized survivors for aliyah to Palestine. His son was born in Reichenbach, Poland during that time. In December of 1948 the family emigrated to Israel, where Yehuda directed programs for the absorbtion of new immigrants.
- Shoshanna (1942 - 1977) married Yisrael Mipzmacher
- Tzvi (Hersh Elimelech) changed his surname to Lahat (which is a Hewbrew version of the Yiddish name Langsam). He married Ora Shrizly and they had three girls.
Hadar Moly, Tamir Sam & Meital
- Manya/Mala (1912 - ?) came to the United States in 1930. She never married.
- Regina (1913 - 1980) came to the United States in 1937. She married Irwin Levine. She lived in New York at some point.
I would be very interested to hear from anyone with knowledge or an interest in the Miller family.
My home address is
1374 East 28th Street
Brooklyn NY 11210-5311
Last updated 10/14/02