Spira Genealogy - The Bnei Yissoschur
|R' Hersh Mylech
Spira (1783- 1841 [18 Teves]), son of Pesach Langsam, married Chana Mindel (), daughter of Shmuel. They lived in many towns, including Ryobtycze, Stryzow, Oleszyce, Mukachevo, & Dynow, Galicia. They had 7 known children.|
- R' Meshullam Zusha (18?? - 1830's) was married and had 2 known children. He and his wife both died in R' Hersh Mylech's lifetime.
- Yeshaya Dovid (18?? - 1906) married Rivka Frimet. They had eight known children.
Yitzchok Yehuda Spira, Chana Mindel Selinger, Leah Anker, Yocheved, Dreyzil Lescha, Nechama Yita Reiner, Esther Kalter, & Sima Schein
- Rivka Rochel (18?? - 1???) married R' Moshe Eliezer Galler (c. 1813 - 1894 [22 Mar Cheshvan]), ABD Krzywcze Gorne (Kriftch, near Przemysl), Galicia, and the son of Avrohm & Pessil. They had 3 known children.
Tzvi Yehuda Borenstein, Neche Tziril Uri & Meshullam Zusha
- Beila (18?? - 1???) was first married to R' Nechemia, son of Tzvi. He drowned in a river during his father-in-law's lifetime. Beila subsequently married R' Shimon Yeshaya Reich, ABD Rybotycze. She had children from each spouse. A point of confusion is that R' Shimon Yeshaya had a son and a grandson (also surname Reich, but from his daughter) named after him. Furthermore, someone from this branch seems to have married in the Langsam family, specifically a Chana Mindel Reich and Avrohm Langsam. More info on this branch is also here.
- Mechla (18?? - 1???) married Levi Yitzchok. They had 2 known children.
Mirel Weinberger & Nechemya
- Naftali (18?? - 1???) married Perel Reich (a daughter from R' Shimon Yeshaya, ABD Rybotycze, from his first wife, a girl Baum). They had 1 known son.
- Yosef Binyomin (c. 1834 - 1914) married Gittel Wilner, daughter of R' Shmuel, ABD Halicz, Galicia. They lived in Halicz until R' Shmuel's passing, in 1854. Yosef Binyomin then accepted the post of Rabbi in Rybotycze, Galicia. He later returned as Rabbi of Halicz. Yosef Binyomin had no children.
R' Shimon Yeshaya
- R' Shimon Yeshaya dayan in Przemysl, Poland, married and had one known daughter.
- R' David (1804 - 1874 [19 Adar]) of Stryzow & Dynow, Galicia, was married to Rochel Mina. They had 7 known children.
- R' Yeshaya Naftali Herz (1838 - 1885), ADMUR of Dynow, married his cousin, Udel Rivka Spira. They had 2 known daughters.
Tila Spira & Chana Mindel Spira
- R' Zvi Elimelech (1841 - 1924 [5 Nissan]), ADMUR Blazowa, married at the age of 16 to Sara Horowitz. She was from Rozwadow and her father was R' Moshe Horowitz. In 1863 he assumed the role of rabbi in Blazowa and became ADMUR upon his father's passing in 1874. He served in the rabbinate for sixty years. They were known to have had 12 children, most of which died in R' Zvi Elimelech's lifetime. Only four are known to have had children.
R' Yehoshua, Altsche Teitelbaum, Deborah Yitta Mariles, & R' Yosef
- Esther Rivka (18?? - 1?) married Yehuda Rokeach of Dynow. They had 1 known son.
R' Menachem Mendel
- Nechuma Malka (18?? - 1?) married the Rabbi of Majdan, R' Tuvia Horowitz, son of the Imrei Noam, R' Meir Dzikeve. They had one son.
- Dvora (18?? - 1?) married R' Mendel Mariles (1840 - 1920), son of R' Yitzchok, ABD Ryobtycze. R' Mendel first served as rabbi in Dubiecko. When his father passed away in 1892, they moved to Ryobtycze, where he assumed his father's position. They had 2 known children.
R' Menashe & Miriam Spira
- Yehudit (18?? - 1890?) married the Rabbi of Glogow, R' Alte Moshe Chaim Rubin, also known as Reb Moshele Rnizow. They had one son. Yehudit passed away about one week after his bris.
R' Menachem Mendel Zayde
- R' Meir Yehuda (1846 - 1908), ADMUR of Bukowsko, married twice. His first wife, Sheindel Ruchel Hager, died in childbirth, although the baby survived. His second wife was Miriam, daughter of R' Yisroel of Kossow. They had 4 known children.
Sheindel Ruchla, Hinda Malka Horowitz, Chaya Toba Spira, Dovid, & Mindel Kanner
- Sara (1807 - 1878 [24 Iyar]) married Moshe Schonfeld (1810 - 1883 [27 Mar Cheshvan]), son of Eliezer, of Medzilaborce, Slovakia. They had 12 known children.
- R' Pesach Avrohm (182? - 1898), ABD Kurima, was married twice. His first wife, Fani Green, daughter of R' Ezriel Green, ABD Mukachevo and author of Nachlas Ezriel. They had 3 known children. After her passing on July 27, 1870, he married Rebeka Schenirer and had another three children. R' Pesach Avrohm served as rabbi in various communities for about ten years before settling in Kurima in 1848. He served there for about fifty years.
Yosef, Malka Baum, Izak, R' Yakov Meir, Chane Mindel Weiss, & Tzivya
- Lazar (Oct 1827 - 12 Aug 1893 [1 Elul]) married Esther Horowitz. They had 8 known children.
Shimon, Dovid, Shmuel, Tzvi Elimelech, Yakov, Chana Mindel Laufer, Leah, & Fradja
- Pessil (1828 - 1917 [3 Mar Cheshvan]) married Shaye Zvi Laufer (? - 1906 [16 Adar]), son of Benzion. They had 8 known children.
Yitzchok Eliezer, Malka (Amalia) Schonfeld, Shulim, Kuppel, Naftali, Shmuel, Miksos, & Israel
- Yitta Leah (c.1830's - ?) married R' Yakov Uri, ABD Turka. He was married to Leah's aunt, Rivka, until her untimely death. R' Yakov himself died in 1855. They had 4 known children from this union.
Frieda Kalech, Chava Fisch, R' Elyakim & Chana Mindel Newman
- Mordechai Yosef (1835 - 1906 [19 Teves]) was married to Devora Grunberger and had 6 known children. Afterwards he was married to Blima and they had 3 known children.
Isaac, Lazar, Yehoshua Heschel, Esther Waldman, Rochel Leah Reich, Chana Mindel, Moshe, Dovid, & Freidel Langsam
- Rivka (1836 - 1?) married Naftali Zvi Harpuder. They had 4 known children.
Leah Rochel (or Sara Rochel) Hirsch, Chana Mindel Meisels, Miriam Raizel Feuerlicht & Yitzchok (possibly Arpuder)
- Shimon (1837 - 1?) married Leah Rochel Rogenfus. They had 3 known children.
Israel, Herman, & Lazar
- Asher (1840 - 1931) has no details known about him.
- Bracha (1842 - 1?) may have married Dovid Meisels.
- Mirel Lifsha (1844 - 1?) was married to Ahron.
- R' Zvi Elimelech (c.1850 - c.1925), ABD Medzilaborce, married the daughter of R' Meshullam Dov Kalish, dayan in Mukachevo. She died and R' Zvi Elimelech subsequently married her sister, Bayla. He was ABD in Medzilaborce for about 45 years and had 11 known children.
Feige Graubert, Leah Weissberger, Eliezer, Bracha Rottenberg, girl Kalish, girl Rand, Yakov, Shmuel, Shimon, Gitchu Grunfeld, & Sara Schonfeld
- R' Eluzar (1808 - 1865 [13 Elul]), Admur of Lancut, married at the age of fourteen to Toba Chava Yolles . They had 6 known children.
- R' Shlomo ([7 Chanuka] 1831 - 1893 [21 Sivan]) was born in Rybotycze, Galica. In 1851 he married Chaya Frima Rivka, daughter of R' Yekusiel Shmelke Erblich of Sasov. In 1857/8 R' Shlomo accepted the post of rabbi in Strzyzow, Galicia. In 1882 they moved to Mukachevo. His wife passed away on 14 Tishrei, 1887. They had 2 known sons.
R' Tzvi Hersch & R' Moshe Yehuda Leib
- R' Menachem Pinchus (1838 - 1912) married the daughter of a wealthy man in Lancut. They had 3 known children.
R' Shmuel, Malka Wagschal, & Rivka Rochel Rokeach
- R' Simcha (1840 - 1912 [11 Tishrei]) married the daughter of R' Yisroel Aryeh Leib Warman, dayan of Buczaz. They lived in Lancut. Upon his father's passing, he served as ADMUR of Lancut for fifty years. They had 7 known children.
Chana Mindel Rubin, R' Eluzar, R' Zvi Elimelech, Yosef, R' Yisroel Aryeh, Hudis Rabin, & Nechama Mariles
- R' Zvi Elimelech (Teves 1841 - 1904 [20 Adar]) was born days before his grandfather's passing, and was named after him. He married Frieda Horowitz, daughter of Yehuda. He remarried to the daughter of Yehoshua Elazer Chodrow. She was very learned and wrote a book in Yiddish on family purity (Hilchos Niddah). R' Zvi Elimelech had 3 known children, all from his first marriage. There were no children from his second marriage.
R' Mordechai, R' Yosef, & Shprintze
- Rochel (18?? - 1?) married R' Meir, son of Pesach Langsam. They had 3 known children.
R' Elazar, Chaim, & Nacha
- Udel Rivka (18?? - 1?) married her cousin, R' Isiah Naftali Herz, ADMUR of Dynow. They had 2 known daughters.
Tila Spira & Chana Mindel Spira
- R' Shmuel (18?? - 1860) of Bircza, Galicia, was married to the daughter of (Yakov) Naftali Hertz Labin. R' Shmuel worked on disseminating his father's work. In 1846 he printed the Bnei Yissoschur, R' Hersh Mylech's most famous work. They had 5 known children. R' Shmuel died young and his children were raised by relatives.
- Meir Meshullam (c.1840 - 1920) married Esther, daughter of Pesach Eisenberg. They had 1 known child.
Chaya Mindel (Spira) Halberstam
- Moshe Leib (18?? - 1?) married and lived in Przemysl. He had 3 known children.
girl Ressler, Eluzer, & girl Halberstam
- girl (18?? - 1?) married R' Boruch Halberstam in 1884. This was his third marriage. No other detail is known.
- Perel (18?? - 1?) married R' Meir Yehuda Leibish Langerman (1830 - 1886), ABD Turka. They had 1 known son.
R' Menachem Nuchom
- girl (18?? - 1?) married Binyomin, son of Chaim, both of Seret. Binyomin was a great-grandson (paternal) of R' Levi Yitzchok of Berdichev. No other detail is known.
- Rivka (18?? - 1?) married Yisroel Shimon Meir Waldman, of Barsha?, Hungary. They had several children. One is known.
Rochelah Perel Fisch
- Rivka (18?? - 1830's) married R' Yakov Uri, ABD Turka. They had 3 known children. Rivka died in her father's lifetime. Her husband, R' Yakov, remarried, to his niece Leah or Yitta Leah, daughter of Sara and Moshe Schonfeld. R' Yakov and Leah had additional children. This has led to some confusion as to which children were from his first wife and which from his second. This was further amplified because of the close family relationship between the wives.
- Henya (c.1837 - 1?) married Moshe Yosef Polimer. They lived in Galicia in a town pronounced in Yiddish: Pi-shetz-luv (Pshlov?) and had two children.
Hannah Fisch & Naphtali Hirsch
- Gittel Hinda (18?? - 1?) married R' Moshe Rottenberg, ABD Kozava. They had one known son.
- Avrohm Yehoshua Heshel (18?? - 1?) was married twice. He had 1 son from the first marriage and 6 known children from the second.
Pinchas Aryeh, Elazar, Sarah Babad, Tova, Nechama, Pessia Honig, & girl
I would be very interested to hear from anyone with knowledge or an interest in the Miller family.
My home address is
1374 East 28th Street
Brooklyn NY 11210-5311
Last updated 12 August 2020