The travel.state.gov site has information about obtaining a visa for those traveling to the United States. The site also has links to websites for U.S. embassies and consulates worldwide. The embassy and consulate websites have very helpful information about procedures, timelines, communities served, required documentation, and fees.
Please note: International registrants should be particularly aware and careful about visa requirements and should plan travel well in advance.
Visa Support Letters
The Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) does not issue formal invitation letters for visas. ACM is able to provide visa support letters to attendees as well as authors with accepted papers, posters, or members of the conference committee. All visa inquiries must be handled by ACM HQ. Please send your request for a letter in support of a visa application to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
- Name (as it appears on your passport) and mailing address
- The name of the conference you wish to attend
- Attendee's registration confirmation number
- Authors may indicate their paper title. Speakers can provide the title of their talk
- Include a fax number or email address of where letter can be sent
Those requesting a letter should allow up to one week to receive it. All requests are handled in the order they are received.