- Classroom: ICS 243
- Day: Wednesday
- Time: 1:00 - 3:50pm
- Instructor: Rina Dechter - firstname.lastname@example.org
The seminar will focus on most recent research papers
in graph-based reasoning and knowledge represntation,
as well as on exploring connection with
two application areas, 1. text-mining and 2. transportation studies.
Each student will be
engaged in a research project and will be required to present
relevant papers from the literature as well as their own findings.
Students will also need to provide a final report for their research
Some topics we will focus on are:
- The role of graphical models in planning and scheduling; planning under uncertainty (MDPs, POMDPS);
- Text-mining: we will study recent papers.
- The transportation domain: Can graphical models technology (probabilistic or deterministic) be applied?
- ICAPS'04 Papers
- [ PDF | PS ]
Guoqiang Pan, Moshe Y. Vardi. "Search vs. Symbolic Techniques in Satisfiability Solving".
- [ PDF ]
Jonathan S. Yedidia, William T. Freeman, and Yair Weiss. Constructing Free Energy Approximations
and Generalized Belief Propagation Algorithms
- [ PDF ]
Lin Liao, Dieter Fox, Henry KautzJonathan. Learning and Inferring Transportation Routines
- Dynamic Bayesian Networks: Representation, Inference and Learning
Kevin Murphy's PhD Thesis.
- Inferring High-Level Behavior from Low-Level Sensors
Donald J. Patterson, Lin Liao, Dieter Fox, and Henry Kautz.