Re: Versions and configurations

David J. Fiander (davidf@worf.mks.com)
Thu, 30 May 1996 21:56:56 -0400

>From:  "Daniel W. Connolly" <connolly@w3.org>
>
>Good point. If what we're after here is not part of the interface
>between web clients and servers, but rather a new interface
>between web servers and CM systems, then URL syntax conventions
>are fine: just like ?abc-1&def-2 in CGI.

Hmmm.  This is, I think conflating two things again.  The
interface that the website developer/maintainer will be using is,
more than likely, going to be a web client.  Thus, whatever we
develop will involve the interaction between the web client and
the web server, and how that _maps onto_ the interaction between
the subsequent web server and its underlying VCS.

- David