Re: lock/checkout/reserve/edit

Bruce Brown (Bruce@sb.aol.com)
Tue, 03 Sep 1996 12:37:31 -0400

At 11:12 AM 9/3/96 -0700, Christopher Seiwald wrote:

>Just to get going, here are the states a VC client can be in w.r.t. a
>file/document, and who supports those states:

I won't repeat all of the mail, except to say that it if notification of
updates is required, and I think is it, then it should include a state to
indicate a "non-locked for write" which is used to indicate that one or more
individuals are interested when the object is written, but that there
interevention is not required to write. Interested could mean that e'mail
should be sent, or that some other form of notification to the "non-lockers"
is desired.

-

Bruce Brown
America Online/Santa Barbara