NSF SES-1659921 grant: Collaborative Research: Bayesian Approaches for Inference on Brain Connectivity (starting 07/2017).
I have received my Ph.D. degree in Statistics from Università
Bocconi (Milan, Italy) in 2005.
While working on my Ph.D. dissertation, I have spent a year as a visiting scholar in the Department of Statistical Sciences at Duke University, where afterward I was employed for a few months as a Research Assistant.
From 2005 to 2007, I was a postdoctoral fellow in the Department of Biostatistics at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, and then I obtained my first faculty position as Assistant Professor in Statistics in the Department of Mathematics and Statistics of the University of New Mexico (2007-2010).
Prior to joining UCI in the Fall 2016, I was holding a position as Assistant Professor (with award of tenure) in the Department of Biostatistics at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center (2010-2016).
I am currently a member of the American Statistical Association (ASA) , the Institute of Mathematical Statistics (IMS), and the International Society for Bayesian Analysis (ISBA).
Research Interests (Keywords)
Analysis of high-dimensional data, including genomic and imaging data. Data integration for combining information from several data platforms, and relating them with measurable outcomes (integrative genomics, imaging genomics), statistical decision making under uncertainty, multiple comparison problems, clustering, Bayesian modeling, Bayesian NonparametricsFurther details on my research can be found here .
I also participate to the Space-Time Modeling research group @ UCI.
Current Service to the Profession
Member, Board of Directors
- Co-Chair, CFE-CMStatistics 2017 conference, London, UK, 16-18 December 2017
- Member of the Program Council, International Society of Bayesian Analysis (ISBA) (2014-2016)
- Program chair of the Scientific Committee of the ISBA 2016 World Meeting (Forte Village, Sardinia, Italy, June 13-17th, 2016)
- Program chair of ISBA (2015)
- Associate Editor, Bayesian Analysis (2014-2016)
- Associate Editor, Computational Statistics and Data Analysis (2015-2018)
- Co-Editor, Bayesian Analysis (2016-2018)