Currently, I am a Ph.D. candidate (expected to graduate in Summer 2018) at UC Irvine.
Curriculum Vitae: Link
Text processing in a parallel data system is an interesting area that I am working on.
Also, I am a community member of a big data management system called Apache AsterixDB.
Cloudberry project is another project that I am involved in.
- Apache AsterixDB - Especially, I am interested in text-processing on Asterix DB.
Also, implementing an index-only plan on AsterixDB is my ongoing work. Merged patch set
- Cloudberry - Cloudberry is a middleware that utilizes Apache AsterixDB as its backend
to allow users to interactively query, analyze, and visualize large amounts of data with temporal, spatial, and textual dimensions.
It can also support different database management systems.
- iPubMed - an instant, error-tolerant search engine on the PubMed database
- Monitor - instant search analysis
The goal of this research is to supplement instant search engine's performance without changing internal structure or data.
Ranges of project are analysing user queries, Identifying sessions from queries, creating session related Statistics, and suggesting some useful queries to users by using log and raw-data.
- Supporting Similarity Queries in Apache AsterixDB
Taewoo Kim, Wenhai Li, Alexander Behm, Inci Cetindil, Rares Vernica, Vinayak Borkar, Michael J. Carey, and Chen Li
- Caching Geospatial Objects in Web Browsers
Taewoo Kim, Vidhyasagar Thirumaraiselvan, Jianfeng Jia, and Chen Li
ACM SIGSPATIAL 2017 (Demo paper)
- A Comparative Study of Log-Structured Merge-Tree-Based Spatial Indexes For Big Data
Young-Seok Kim, Taewoo Kim, Michael Carey, and Chen Li
ICDE 2017 (Poster)
- Twitter Coverage of Climate Change and Health before and after the 2016 US Presidential Election
Suellen Hopfer, Miryha Runnerstrom, Jianfeng Jia, Taewoo Kim, and Chen Li
American Public Health Association 2017
- RILCA: Collecting and Analyzing User-Behavior Information in Instant Search Using Relational DBMS
Taewoo Kim and Chen Li
VLDB Workshop on Business Intelligence for the Real Time Enterprise (BIRTE) 2015
- Efficient Instant-Fuzzy Search with Proximity Ranking.
Inci Cetindil, Jamshid Esmaelnezhad, Taewoo Kim, and Chen Li
Last Update : 03/12/2018