ICS 171 Homework #9
1. (30) Convert the following problem to first order predicate calculus.
2. (30) Convert the same problem to clausal form
- Anyone passing history exam and winning the lottery is happy.
- Anyone who studies hard for the exam or is just lucky passes
- John did not study hard for history exam but he is lucky.
- Anyone who is lucky wins the lottery.
- Mary passes all exams that john passes.
3. (40) Prove that John is happy using resolution.
http://www.ics.uci.edu/~pazzani/171-p.html (text only) or
Department of Information and Computer Science,
University of California, Irvine
Irvine, CA 92717-3425