- Real-Time distributed computing in wireless systems
- Wireless systems for AI and AI for wireless systems
- IoT and Healthcare
- NSF/Intel-MLWIN: Ultra-Reliable Collaborative Computing for Autonomous Unmanned Aerial Vehicles, PI: Marco Levorato, Co-PI: Stephan Mandt, USD 450K, 07/01/20-06/30/23
- UCI ICS Exploration Grant: Exploring New Security Horizons for Emerging Autonomous Systems, PI: Marco Levorato, Co-PIs: Gene Tsudik and Qui Alfred Chen , USD 75K, 03/14/2019-03/14/2020
- DARPA: HYDRA - Resilient Computation for Heterogeneous Autonomous Drone sYstems, PI: Marco Levorato, Co-PI: Bhaskar Krishnamachari (USC), USD 305K, 10/01/18-09/30/19
- University of California: NSF-S&CC: UNITE: Smart, Connected, and Coordinated Maternal Care for Underserved Communities, (Co-PI) USD 2.1M, 09/01/18-08/31/22
- University of California: UC-Lab Center for Electricity Distribution Cybersecurity, Co-PI (UC-wide faculty and national labs team), USD 3.75M (300K personal), 03/01/18-02/28/21
- NSF-SAS: Cognitive and Reflective Monitoring Systems for Urban Environments, PI: Marco Levorato, Co-PI: Solmaz Kia, USD 500K, 01/01/2018-31/12/2021
- NSF-WiFiUS: IoCT-CARE: Internet of Cognitive Things for Personalized Healthcare, PI: Nikil Dutt, Co-PI: Marco Levorato, USD 300K, 04/01/17-03/31/19
- NSF-EPCN: Multi-Scale Analysis and Control of Smart Energy Systems, PI: Marco Levorato, Co-PI: Mohammad al Faruque, USD 260K - 09/01/16-08/31/2018
- University of California Hellman Fellowship - The Path Towards Smart Interconnected Communities, PI: Marco Levorato USD 50K, 2016
Media and Press
- PC Magazine, 2017 Sophia Stuart, Inside the DARPA's Hackfest at the NASA Research Par; Link
Students and Visitors
- Current students: Igor Burago, Sabur Hassan Baidya, Davide Callegaro, Delaram Amiri, Peyman Tehrani, Anas Alsoliman, Yoshitomo Matsubara, Ali Tazarv
- Alumni: Nadia Ahmed (2017)
- Current Visitors: Luca Bedogni (Post-doc, University of Bologna, Italy), Anna Valeria Guglielmi (Ph.D. Student, University of Padova, Italy), Marie Pied (Undergraduate, ENSTA ParisTech, France), Sanaz Moosavi (Ph.D. Student, University of Turku, Finland), Hyun-Ho Choi (Associate professor, Hankyong National University, South Korea)
- Past Visitors: Roberto Valentini (Ph.D. Student, University of L’Aquila Italy), Adrien Lagrange (Undergraduate, ENSTA ParisTech, France), Robin Maillot (Undergraduate, ENSTA ParisTech, France), Yunsheng Yang (Undergraduate, Tsinghua University, China)
- 2019 Dean's Mid-Career Research Award.
- 2016 University of California Hellman Fellowship Award.
- 2015/16 - Academic Senate Council on Research, Computing and Libraries (CORCL) Award.
- 2014 - Awarded the Multi Investigator Research grant from the Council on Research, Computing, and Libraries - UCI Division.
- 2012 - Best paper award - IEEE Global Communications Conference (Globecom) 2012, Signal processing symposium.
- 2013 Winner of the ACCESS Post Doctoral research fellowship at the ACCESS Linnaeus Center, Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), Sweden.
- 2010 - Nominated for the Best Young Researcher Award, Dept. of Information Engineering, University of Padova, Italy.
- 2009 - Nominated for the Best Young Researcher Award, Dept. of Information Engineering, University of Padova, Italy.
- Local Arrangements Chair: IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory - IEEE ISIT 2020.
- Chair: ACM International Workshop on Autonomous Mobile Air-Ground Edge Computing, Systems, Networks and Applications - Part of ACM SIGCOMM 2019.
- Chair: 1st IEEE Workshop on Wireless Networking, Planning, and computing for UAV swarms - Part of IEEE WOWMOM 2019.
- Co-Chair: IEEE Special Interest Group - Big Data Management and Analytics -- IEEE ComSoc Emerging Technical Committee on Smart Grid Communications (ETC-SG)}.
- Chair: 1st Workshop on Communications, Data Processing and Control for Unmanned Autonomous Systems (CPC-UAV) - Part of IEEE Secon 2018.
- Publicity chair (America): IEEE International Conference on Smart Computing (SMARTCOMP) 2018.
- Co-organizer:special session on Cybersecurity and Privacy - IEEE International Conference on Acoustic, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP) 2018:.
- Chair: Cognitive Computing and Networking symposium - IEEE International Conference on Computing, Networking and Communications (IEEE ICNC) 2018.
- Organizer: Invited Cognitive Networks session - Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems, and Computers 2017.
- TPC Vice Chair for Submissions: IEEE International Conference on Sensing, Communication and Networking (IEEE SECON) 2017.
- Chair: Smart metering, Demand Response and Dynamic Pricing symposium - IEEE International Conference on Smart Grid Communications (IEEE SmartGridComm) 2017.
- Chair: Machine-to-Machine Communications and the Internet of Things workshop - IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (IEEE WCNC) 2017.
- Chair: Cognitive Computing and Networking symposium - 2017 IEEE International Conference on Computing, Networking and Communications (IEEE ICNC).
- Workshop co-chair: ACM International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (ACM Mobicom) 2015
- Publication chair: ACM International Conference on Mobile Systems, Applications, and Services (ACM Mobisys) 2015.
- Co-chair local arrangements: ACM International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (ACM Mobicom)2014.
- Co-chair: Communication QoS and System Modeling symposium - IEEE International Conference on Computing, Networking and Communications (IEEE ICNC) 2014.
- Technical program committee member: Fog World Congress 2017, IEEE Infocom 2016-2018
(main conference), IEEE Infocom 2016 - Workshop on Smart Cities, IEEE Infocom 2015 (Mobile Cloud and Virtualization), IEEE Infocom 2014 (Workshop on Cloud computing), IEEE inter- national Conference on Smart Grid Communications (SGC) 2011-2012-2014-2015-2016, IEEE Global Communications Conference (GlobeCom) 2007-2011-2012-2013-2014-2015-2016, IEEE In- ternational Conference on Communications (ICC) 2011-2012-2013-2014-2015-2016-2017, IEEE GlobalSIP - (Machine Learning for Characterization of Cognitive Communications and Radar), IEEE International Workshop on Emerging COgnitive Radio Applications and aLgorithms (IEEE CORAL) 2016, International Conference on Smart Grids and Green IT Systems (SMART- GREENS) 2012-2013-2014, IEEE International Conference on Green Computing and Communi- cations (IEEE GreenCom) 2013, IEEE Consumer Communications and Networking Conference (CCNC) 2011-2013, IEEE International Energy Conference and Exhibition (EnergyCon) 2012, IEEE International Conference on Computing, Networking and Communication (ICNC) 2012, IEEE International Conference on Communications in China 2012, European Wireless 2009.
- Reviewer: IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, IEEE Transactions on Communications, IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, IEEE/ACM Transactions on Mobile Computing, ACM Transactions
on Design Automation of Electronic Systems, IEEE JSAC series on Smart Grid.