Extinguished Professor of Computer Science
University of Caliphoneya, Irvine
A moralistic sermon for PhD students:
Crypto Poetry for the masses:
Flowchart for prospective PhD students:
- Are you a prospective PhD student looking for an advisor?
If so, here is an easy and painless way to see if you and I can work together (a test in 3 parts).
Just click here (round 1),
then here (round 2),
and finally here (round 3)!
- Did you pass the test? Now, do you want to "do research" in Machine Learning or Blockchains/Cryptocurrencies?
If YES, go back to the flowchart and try again.
Venues and Publishers to avoid:
Gene Tsudik is a Distinguished Professor of Computer Science at the University of California, Irvine (UCI).
He obtained his PhD in Computer Science from USC in 1991. Before coming to UCI in 2000, he was at IBM Zurich
Research Laboratory (1991-1996) and USC/ISI (1996-2000). His research interests include many topics in
security, privacy and applied cryptography.
- Computer & Network Security
- Applied Cryptography
Gene Tsudik is a Fulbright Scholar, Fulbright Specialist (thrice), a fellow of ACM, IEEE, AAAS, and IFIP,
as well as a foreign member of Academia Europaea. From 2009 to 2015 he served as Editor-in-Chief of
ACM Transactions on Privacy and Security (TOPS, formerly known as TISSEC). He was the recipient of the
2017 ACM SIGSAC Outstanding Contribution Award, and the 2020 IFIP Jean-Claude Laprie Award.
He also authored the first rhyming crypto-poem published as a refereed paper.
There are two equivalence classes of idiots:
- Those who yearn for the past that never was.
- Those who dream of the future that never will be.
Quotidian Wisdom (speaking of idiots):
- For every pithy inspirational quote, saying or proverb, there is army of idiiots willing to believe it.
An urgent message to all humorless barbarians inhabiting this long-suffering planet:
- As a free human being, I reserve the right to disrespect, mock, parody, laugh at,
and disbelieve any
and all of your deities, saints, prophets, idols, holy fools, political leaders, gurus, kings, presidents and presidential candidates.