There is one printer available in CS 364 for student use. ICS Labs use a pay-per-sheet printing system that is provided by OIT. Each page costs 10 cents to print and you must have a valid print card.
- Click on print from the application.
- Make sure that the printer name is PayPrint CS364.
- Go to the printer and follow the direction on the print station
- On the screen, find your print job and then hit Print.
- You can continue to print other jobs or click Logout when you are done.
- The station will display how much value is left on the card.
PDF Files - if you are having problems printing a PDF file, please make sure that the postscript level is set to 1. To change the level, do the following:
- Click on print --> Properties... --> Advanced...
- Under Document Options, find PostScript Options
- Change PostScript Language Level to 1
If you find the print job is coming out slowly, try printing a couple of pages at a time. Some PDF files are quite large and the printer cannot process it all at once.
- ASCII (text) files: mp asciifile.txt | lpr -Pppcs364
- PostScript files: lpr -Ppcs364 postscript.ps
- TEX DVI files: dvisp -Pppcs364 file.dvi
For more information, please refer to the ICS Support UNIX Printing Guide.
If your print job does not print out properly (ie. streaks, paper jam) you can get a refund by contacting the Lab Manager in CS346L. If the Lab Manager is not available, please contact OIT.
If the print card dispenser malfunctioned and you did not get a card or it did not add value to your card, please contact OIT.